Friday, April 29, 2011

Early Morning Storm

I look at the hollow cheeks of my son and worry IV solutions just do not deliver the needed calories or nutrition a damaged body needs to repair and maintain it's self. A feeding tube in his nose causes Wade so much distress, continuously he works at reaching it to pull it out.the nursing staff and myself cannot be at his side constantly to talk him out of pulling it.
A decision to place a direct feeding tube in was made after a week, a call I have hoped would be made sooner. I want him to be nourished, and I don't care how, as he cannot swallow.
My son had weighed 185pounds at admission and is down to 135pounds,his muscles no longer toned ,and his legs so thin. I am ecstatic,even excited dispite the complications that can arise. He would be fed, and able to withstand what ever he had yet to face.
At that final supper Jesus took the bread and broke it. Passing it to those at the table he urged them to take it and eat it , the symbol of his broken body and in doing so remember....

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart. I had not idea what you have truly been going through. You and your family and especially Wade, will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

    This is Cheryl57 on plurk, by the way.

    ReplyDelete